Welcome to the Secret shopping and mystery shopping blog, a diary from the inside of this crucial offering in self- storage services. This insight comes from the very top of our secret shop department Sarah Little and Natalie Thomas.
Here in the Secret Shopping Division of Phone Smart we make your calls and complete the evaluations each month. Once we send them to you, the ball is in your court. However, we still want you to know that we are here to coach you through the entire process. We realize that just making calls and sending evaluations alone won’t give you the outcome you’re looking for. Secret Shops are a tool, and like any too, they must be picked up and used in order to build your profitable business.
We understand that each of your employees may be a t a different level in their sales training. In order to level the playing field and get everyone on the same team, we have a few ideas that can make secret shopping a fun tool.
First determine the method you will use to implement your secret shops. Then identify what level your employee may be on and put some of these suggestions into play.
• Will your shops be used as bonus?
• Will secret shopping scores be part of annual reviews, pay rates, etc?
• Will your shops be used to monitor and maintain company standards?
• Will you set goal for each employee or property?
If you are happy with the scores?
Congratulations!!! It takes a lot of hard work and determination to reach your goal. In order to maintain this high level of efficiency we recommend:
• Rewarding employees with consistently high scores
• Using your star employees to teach others
• Promoting or giving more responsibility to encourage company loyalty
If you see consistently middle scores?
It isn’t uncommon to get stuck in a rut. We often do things out of habit, repeating our action but expecting a different outcome. The key to advancing is to identify what techniques are working for you and which ones aren’t. Your facility may stay at a certain level of capacity just because of the location, it’s your goal to drive revenue and boost your bottom line. Here are a few suggestions that can help develop your selling skills:
• Try our Role Playing Helpline
• Focus on one aspect of your sales presentation at a time
• Refresh your employees with a training program
• Set a realistic goal and celebrate when you’ve achieved it
If you have consistently low scores?
Don’t fret: You’ve taken the first step in the right direction! Secret shopping a great way to increase sales knowledge and maintain a level of consistency. There are numerous ways to improve your scores, which in turn will directly affect your profit.
• Have you given your staff a sales training course?
• Repeat your training, or use the Phone Smart training packet
• Use our Role Playing Helpline
• Set goals and make sure your staff is aware of them
• Do your employees hear their shops and see their evaluations
• Us our Role Playing Helpline
• Try our Training Packet
• Make it fun
• Offer an incentive for scores that improve
• Have a pizza training night (Who doesn’t love pizza)
• Ask you best employees to share what they do that gets positive results
• Start small
• Work on one item at a time, then build on what works
• Keep staff refreshed with pop quizzes or surprise visits
Incentive and bonus ideas
• Have the owner/supervisor detail the winner’s car
• A day of paid vacation
• Tickets to the movies
• Dinner at a favorite restaurant
• Display awards
• Create a “Wall of Fame”
• Mention a great employee’s name in newsletters
• Display everyone’s scores
• Be creative
Self Storage Search Engine Finding Storage Faster
Self Storage Blog A diary of the self storage industry
StorageMart: Missouri Find Storage Near You
PhoneSmart Your Offsite Sales Solution
Tweet This Post